Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Election 2009 - The Great Indian Drama.

Let me start with a Big Thank You to all of them who made my previous blog so popular and I really appreciate so many comments, made me feel really happy, I must say "Content".. Thanks to the ones who read it without leaving a trail... It was a heart felt blog, now am back with a "mind-feel" :P

It's the time we will see a lot of developments happen @ extreme speed! If you walk out of the house and travel around 4 kms, you should be able to see someone repairing the road or laying new ones! Yes, it's the time for
The Great Indian Elections.


The other day, I was at my sister's school and all of a sudden people started reparing the roads, dug it all out and blocked the traffic (it was a small lane, though) there was confusion for sometime (as always) and then work continued. I was wondering why they started working on that road all of a sudden and then dad uttered the word.. Elections and I ridiculed (as always) "ohhh no wonder"


Ok, let me try to be serious!! Elections is the time for us to voice out! Voice out our opinions, it's time to make a choice.. simple. I see newspapers, actors and the media, almost begging people to vote! Feel digusted! It's your freaking "responsibility" to vote. During elections, people are happy about getting a day off, they sit at home and galavant. And after it's over and some wrong guys comes to power, they'll see him doing all sorts of sh** and then complain about the political system. Whose mistake was it? YOURS! my friend, when you had a choice, you didn't. now SUFFER! simple and easy to understand. No one has to beg you to vote, it's your responsibility for God's sake!


I'm trying to think of 2 sane people who would make a difference with their presence... In

Politics I mean.. :) Since I call this a drama, these men are our heroes!


Dayanidhi Maran - Undoubtedly my favorite, he is smart, educated and he is action-packed (as in he does what he is supposed to do). I wish he stayed longer in his portfolio, we would have gone a long way, I don't mean Raja is bad, but Dayanidhi Maran is the best!
He brought in investments well in excess of $30b for the IT sector alone and set the ball rolling for making India a chip manufacturing hub! not a joke!


His "Vision 2010" is brilliant, realisitic and competitive.


I don't know if he'll contest from Chennai Central and if he will get a ticket from DMK, whatever happens, I wish this guy comes into politics again. There is a lot he can do for the country!!

I see his potential to become the Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu at a later stage may be after the time (I'm talking about his time in politics) of Dr.M. Karunanidhi (which will be in less than 5 year), and if only that happens, you can be rest assured that we'll see some great developments.


Dr. HT. Sangliana - A retired Director General of Police (I never liked Cops so much..) with 3 doctorates, I'm sure he is something! A very honest and progressive (I usually don't use these terms for a politician) politician, since I feel they are faaaaar from being honest and progressive, so here is a welcome change.

There is a lot he has done to Bangalore and Karnataka as a cop and a politician, It's a bad idea to write just 1 or 2. however, I admired when his courage to stood up for what is beneficial for the country, even after knowing that it would cost him his relationship with BJP ( which I never liked anyway).. It required a lot of guts to do what he did. Fantastic, I admit..

I would love it if he gets a ticket in Bangalore, if he doesn't he should contest out of Mangalore, may be!


Why Mangalore?

Simple strategy, after what happened there 2 months before, imagine a cop contesting, would that restore people confidence and boost their morale?

The answer is a yes!!


Simply said, this gentleman can deliver, wherever he is, it's only a matter of time.. again, he's an amazing option for The chief minister of Karnataka (quite honestly, The only good option). Strong, Honest, Progressive, EDUCATED (in bold and Caps) and yet Simple.. He's stupendous..

Some really nice news articles about Dr. Sangliana..
http://www.nowpublic.com/world/interview-indian-mp-ht-sangliana

http://www.rediff.com/news/2000/nov/22sang.htm

5 comments:

Rachana said...

Quite an interesting article. I know people who say "voting is waste of time".Other half who are enthusiatic to vote are told to go back as their name is not in the electoral list.Not sure about Mr.Maran,but I know about Dr.Sangliana.He seemed to be the pioneer in bringing bangalore to heel.Well,there are many more who are equally capable then these two you mentioned . Hoping for a different outcome this election.No more mix government !

Mindful Spirit said...

Thank you, Rachana! :)

Anonymous said...

Thank you for blogging this Manoj. It's high time we as citizens stand together in unity and choose the right people!! I am sure the 2 selected people are worth our votes! I am 100% for Mr.HT Sangliana.

~~another Rach~~

Mindful Spirit said...

they're totally totally worth it and I'm sure we'll have a much better Bangalore if Dr. Sangliana gets elected, which I'm sure he will..

KS said...

hmm, good one. I m not about Dr.Sangliana, but I know about Mr.Dayanadhi Maran. He did a lot. Not only him, this time even 'Lalo' was good. Lets wait and see who is coming to power again.